Saturday, August 25, 2007

you know how in (sci-fi) intergalactic travel, spaceships cannot just travel to a location thousands or millions of lightyears away because the people would die before they get there?
takes too long
so they use wormholes to get to where they want to go
for the uninitiated, let me try to explain

imagine space as a piece of cloth, and u want to get from one point on the cloth to another point
what's the fastest way to get there?
the conventional answer would be a straight line
but no, that's not what wormholes are
if you fold the cloth (without creasing it) such that the two points meet, well, that is the fastest way to travel between two points in space
and that is what wormholes are
below is a picture of this so its easier to understand

why am i talking about this?
well, wormhole was the first word that came to my mind when i thought about this week
well, second; the first word was suay
but i can't describe my week as suay cos i realised that a few good things happened
so wormhole was the word
cos the week went the quickest way between very good and vey bad
haha

good things that happened:
  • got my new phone ~wee! =) w880i. even now, i'm so amazed by my phone that to buy a new mp4 player now, would just overwhelm me with too much technology. hahah
  • he, himself & him got reprimanded for some of the wrong things he's done. and the class had a discussion about him with the teacher, which allowed the class to let out their feelings about him to a teacher. (i do pity him, though, for reasons unknown)
  • got to eat tau huey (if that's how you spell it) twice this week - more than enough. hahah but the tau huey trips were fun; got to hang out with some other classmates, while making much noise
  • got to eat roti jala this week - twice! and both times, i got the one of the last three sets left. phew!
  • made myself happy by spending $3 on popular card (so cheap!) and then splurging on $12.30 worth of notebooks, pens and markers. now, my doodlingcan be super-psychedelic!
  • made new friends at rec. bowling, finally. nice people :)

i guess that's about it though
and then the bad things happened:
  • thursday pe: rolled my ankle, once when i landed after jumping to catch a ball and colliding with someone, the second when, after i'd rejoined the game, i was running after the ball. really sucks; my left ankle's still aching
  • yesterday, while shopping around causeway for more clothing, and after i'd purchased my sister's b'day present at jigsaw puzzle world, i lost my atm card. AARRGGH!! it's one of my most prized possessions, the source of my freedom, giving me the freedom to but what i want - and now it's gone!
  • found out i have to fork out $965 more for bowling - unless subsidised by school. for bag, shoes, ball and bowling camp. *sighs* and already the bro is complaining about me joining an expensive sport
  • strained my left thigh muscle in bowling from all the bending it had to do, and my left arm hurts (i don't know why, it's not like i carry the ball in my left hand)
  • lost my atm card!!!
yesterday, steph said i looked sad. must have been an ominous sign of the terrible tragedy to come. nearly spilled a few tears over the stupid blue card. i made a report at the customer service station, and i think this group of girls around 12 y.o. hanging around the shop found it. well, i'll wait till wednesday to see if anybody reports my card; if not, back to the bank to make a new one

thinking back on it, it may have been a blessing in disguise, since i think that i've been spending too much lately. maybe it's a sign for me to stop spending. maybe i just won't make another new card
we'll see

gotta go get ready
meeting syaz to go buy some stuff

laterz
finaladidas
(he he)


No comments: