Friday, July 02, 2010

So it seems I've been too lazy to update blogger or twitter or facebook since my return from the short vacation in Malaysia. I've been meaning to, but I just can't find the motivation to sit in front of a computer screen with the sole purpose of uploading pictures and recounting my experiences/ feelings.

Not that the vacation was not fun; it was. Definitely. But the fun I had didn't come from doing fascinating, unusual things which I would normally very excitedly blog about as soon as I arrived home. It was from simply being away from home, eating out all the time, and living out of a suitcase (or luggage, since not too many people use suitcases for travelling nowadays).

There's just something inherently exciting about coming to a hotel, never knowing what exactly awaits you in your room, even if you've stayed there more than three times before. It's especially thrilling when you realise that the room's even better/ bigger than you remember it, and you open up the drapes to a view of the city, the sea, and the Eye on Malaysia. You unpack your luggage (or not), and then try to nap to make up for the few hours of travelling in a car from the previous hotel a few states away. You slip in between familiar and comforting crisp white sheets, and your eyes drift close thinking about how nice it is that hotels run the air-conditioning 24/7. In the morning, after a quick soak in the bathtub, you feast on a buffet breakfast or intercontinental food, something so unnecessary but vital to a hotel experience. And then you pack your bags again and leave.

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars..."
It's such a nice tune. It even appears in my dreams sometimes. And although Hayley Williams' voice doesn't sound very distinctive in that song, it's gotten so popular probably because everyone's always looking for a break from something in their lives. Unless you're someone like me, who likes the song because the tune is nice and the words are wistful/ wishy-washy/ quirky. Kinda like Fireflies by Owl City. Another nice tune. Wow am I getting a small headache now (my sister just sprayed Gapscent "Heaven" around my room and, though it smells nice, it's getting to me). I think I'll stop here.

No comments: