Sunday, August 21, 2005

obs

i love obs!!!

u noe, i like things i'm good at
and this camp, i found some things i'm good at
so i like them
and liking these things
have made me LOVE OBS!!!
wat a theory!

heheh
but really
i remember back in spark-c, i hated rock-climbing
because i barely made it to the middle of the rock wall
but this time
i made it up to the top
and quite fast, too :)
i love rock-climbing!

and i love kayaking!!!
same situation, too
i can go at a moderate speed
i love it!!

and i love my watch!!
nice people!!
great people!
nobody aksyen inside!!
hahah... that was my main worry


there were quite a few incidents in obs that are very memorable
such as the sea expedition
we were delayed for two hours
set off late because of cat 1 weather (category 1: lightning risk, so on)
when we did leave camp 3, it was drizzling abit
current was quite strong ( itwas strong all the way)
(and raining all the way)

had our lunch only one hour behind schedule
and made it back, washed and kept the boats,
retrieved the bags
all on time
yea, so i'm pretty proud about that
hehe

and the night before that was blissful (discounting all the mosquitos)
we had sentry duty at night to watch the kayaks
all i did was go out to the gate to the beach at the designated time
sat down on a poncho laid on the ground
relaxed under the stars
looked at the bright lights across the channel at johor
listened to the music coming from there (quite loud also leh)
and thought about life
my philosophies
how i'm living it
how to make it better
how to make me better as a person

wow
so philosophical
hahah
but some friends say i think alot
which i do
especially when i'm really quiet and staring off into space
hahah

anyway
one of the perks of obs was missing school
the other was being around friends for a week
third was being around someone for a week
ahahah
what an added benefit

but of course, all these great bonuses don't come without a disadvantage
i finally knew
who he was with
and that started me thinking
(again)
what am i doing?
waiting around?
i don't need no man to keep me happy
which made me think of a song
cinderella by tata young

:: When I was just a little girl


My momma used to tuck me into bed and she read me a story


It always was about a Princess in distress


And how a guy would save her and end up with the glory




I'd lie in bed and think about the person that I wanted to be


Then one day I realized the fairy tale life wasn't for me




I don't wanna be like Cinderella


Sittin' in a dark old dusty cellar


Waiting for somebody, to come and set me free


I don't wanna be like Snow White waiting


For a handsome prince to come and save me


On a horse of white, unless we're riding side by side


Don't want to depend on no-one else


I'd rather rescue myself




Someday I'm gonna find someone who wants my soul, heart and mind


Who's not afraid to show that he loves me


Somebody who will understand

I'm happy just the way I am

Don't need nobody taking care of me




I will be there for him

just as strong

as he will be there for me


When I give myself then it has got to be, an equal thing




I can slay

my own dragon


I can dream

my own dreams


My knight in shining armour is me


So I'm gonna set me free ::




quite meaningful lyrics, aye?
heheh

i am woman, hear me roar
<3 feeena

No comments: