Tuesday, February 20, 2007

oh GAWD
i'm so bored!
these are one of the rare, few times that i'm bemoaning the holidays
four straight days of nothing?!!
for godssakes, i've been reduced to walking around the house like a zombie
and groaning about having nothing to do


today, we were supposed to go vivo to catch a movie and shop for school supplies
but that fell through
so here i am

thankfully, i called my mom
and we're going to be santai-ing at the west coast beach later on
and then i'll probably catch epic movie with my sis
whom i've persuaded to accompany me tho she's watched it just last saturday

anyway
last saturday, i read the sunday lifestyle section
where they're talking about all things nostalgic

so here are a few nostalgic things i miss:

1. slurping from saucers
hahah
i used to do that all the time when i was young
when the tea was too hot, u noe?
reminds me of all those old times in my head
all the memories yellowing with age

2. jukeboxes
i really love these things
whatever happened to them?
we used to have one in school
too expensive, i guess
i want my own!
haha

3. old phones
u noe the type
the ones with the dialling thing at the base
and the mouthpiece placed vertically on a stick or summat,
and the earpiece is separate from everything else
and u talk into the mouthpiece in ur left hand
while holding the earpiece in your right hand

4. old cameras
ahh
the ones where u stick your head under a black cloth to take a picture?
or even the one in the story in which sandra bullock acts
and has a daughter who is bespectacled
the black and white photos were spectacular

5. old elevators
ooohhh
i liked watching it in the movies
you have to close the gates first before it creaks and moves up or down
and they're mostly brown
hahah
and i love the buttons!
they looks so fun to press
hahah

6. good relationships with neighbours
this one i really miss
we used to have bbqs
where almost every neighbour we know was invited
and we'd stay up and play till like, 2 in the morning

7. old vinyl records and gramaphones
they look like really fun things to play
and you can play them backwards!
hahah

and, finally...
8. the chipmunks!
and all them other childhood cartoons
like land before time
hahah
really loved watching them as a child
hhhaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaa


anyway, that's it for today
gotta find something to do...
... like a read a book or sth


seventeen
by simon webbe
(gawd i love his songs!)

Seventeen, I was living life
Chasing dreams and my hopes were high
Trying to get around my fear of
When and where do I go from here

I asked somebody close to me
Who could see a lot further than a boy could see
Oh, oh, oh and he said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my these days are flying by
I still feel seventeen inside, not one day over
Don't let the trials of life, change who you are tonight
Stay seventeen each time you get one year older

I said you're at that time of life when your heart is strong
Your future's bright, you can do no wrong
And don't you let those feelings out of sight
Keep a hold of them as the years go rolling by

These words have always stuck with me
But now I'm only getting what it all appears to mean
Oh, oh, oh and he said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my these days are flying by
I still feel seventeen inside, not one day over
Don't let the trials of life, change who you are tonight
Stay seventeen each time you get one year older

He said...my years have come and gone, in oh such little time
And I hope you live your life the way that I lived mine
Stay young at heart, stay young in mind

So I said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my these days are flying by
I'm still seventeen inside, not one day over
I won't let the trials of life, change who I am tonight
Stay seventeen each time you get one year older

One year older, one year older....oh my oh my oh my oh my

So stay seventeen each time you get one year older

the ironic thing is, i'm not seventeen yet! hahah
so this song means i'm feeling older than i am...
...well, whatever

No comments: