Monday, November 26, 2007

complain, complain, and COMPLAIN!: a review

my family decided to try having lunch at mad jack's
after what dano told me about the management, i was a bit unwilling
but since my parents have wanted to try eating there for so long, i thought: what the heck

and it sucks!!! sucks, sucks, sucks!
ok, so the food is not that bad; it's not inedible bad
but the word i'd use to describe everything there would be sub-standard

i had this dinner set, which includes soup, a main course, cake w/ ice-cream, and a drink
my main course was grilled salmon in cream sauce,
and it came in a timely manner, everything was going fine then
but it wasn't the best salmon i've ever had
the cream sauce had no taste,
and although the salmon had visible flakes of black pepper, it tasted virtually naked
of course, right then i was wondering were my soup was
it is, after all, an appetiser
then the guy comes up to us and asks if we wanted our soup now, with the course
yes, said we
it's quite obvious that the soup was supposed to come afore the main course
but it didn't show up anytime soon

our drinks were also forgotten
only my dad got his grass jelly drink
so all of us had to share that in the mean time
my mum had to ask them if our drinks were ready
turns out they'd forgotten our orders

but then only my sister's drink came
my mum and i were still left drink-less
so my mum had to ask them yet again
then she had to walk all the way to the counter and tell them what our drinks were supposed to be

uugghh
and that's not the end of it
i only got my strawberry&banana smoothie when i'd nearly finished my main course
(which took very long. u noe me, a slow eater)
and it made me very unhappy
i mean, try eating mashed potato, without anything to wash down that thick mushy food
and my soup and cake were still missing!!!
my mum had asked them about the missing cake and soup when she's gone to the counter to settle our drinks
but it was still nowhere in sight

well, it was until i finished eating my main course
then finally dessert came
and then he had the gall to come up and ask us if we wanted our soup now
like, duuurrrhhhhh!
where were you the past hour, man?
the soup was supposed to arrive before the main course, not after dessert!!!!!!!

ahhh
ok, patience is a virtue, so we didn't make a big deal out of it
but come on lah!
we understand that the servers were all students, and maybe that's why they're incompetent
but how come there's no supervisor overseeing these kids?

also, there were alot of workers there
but they seemed only to be milling around the kitchen door
or sitting at the table near the counter
they were very inattentive
try, totally inattentive!
the numerous times my mother had to call the waiter over to ask about our food,
she had to wave at them for at least half a minute or so
and i still can't believe they forgot our orders!
i mean, forgetting one order is excusable, but forgetting two soups, three drinks and two cakes?
too many

grrr, grrrr, grrrrrrrrr
we could have had better service at delifrance, or pizza hut, or swensen's
and at a better price too
and we paid 7% gst, with added 5% service charge
what service, i ask u?

as i said, sub-standard

fina


No comments: