Tuesday, November 20, 2007

i had a nightmare-ish dream the other night
really, really scary
it left me feeling shocked, flabbergasted, scared
i dreamt...

...that i was assigned to join the ava club!
jeng jeng jeng!

hahah
no offence to the ava club or anything
but in my dream, when i found out that i was slated to be an ava-er, i really did get very scared
hahaha

i've been messing around with my knitting needles all weekend
i've made 3 patches of knitted material
and i have no idea what to do with them
but they were all practice patches
really ugly, just my first few tries

but i've realised that my needles are way to big
for a 4 ply yarn, which is what i've got, i'm supposed to use 3- 3 1/4mm needles
but i've got 6mm needles! (or thereabouts)
which explains the really ugly loops called knit stitches in my knitting
they're really ugly and loose
not very nice to look at

so, as part of my experimentation with knitting, i tried to knit using satay stickes
and it looks fab!
really close together, neat-ish stitches
except... it was torture knitting like that
really slow, too tight, and the material's not very elastic now
and it's super small!

so i'm thinking of getting new needles
or getting an 8/12 ply yarn
maybe mohair, or cotton or something
maybe
cos my mother's spent too much on my knitting already
she bought a $42 knitting book for me, wrongly seeing the price as $12
haha
imagine the shock she got when she realised she had $30 extra to pay

bored... bored... bored...

i've just been knitting, reading, tv-viewing...
i'm dying here!!!

fina-cola-dying-dying-dead.

(i need my weekly dose of arsenal! no match till 24 nov. help!)

No comments: