Thursday, June 04, 2009

So many shadows cast over the up-coming Australia trip. Number one on the agenda:

SWINE FLU!

Bloody pigs! Haha Although, I did hear that animal rights (or something) activists were the ones who requested the name-change from swine flu to H1N1 because it's not the pigs fault. Poor piggies. But Australia has over 600 cases now, with 521 occuring in Victoria, and 2 in Western Australia.

Now, this means that Perth is relatively unaffected, and probably safer than Singapore considering that Singapore has 9 (or was it 10?) cases. But Victoria! Melbourne hosts 70% of the Victorian population, which means that of the 521, chances are that 365 or more are from Melbourne.

For now, my plans remain unchanged, since my main priority in heading to Melbourne is to spend time with my cousins and not just to go to tourist attractions. If anything should happen, I'll just have to deal with it. Intense (well, compared to anything else I've done at home) research has proven that H1N1 is like normal flu, and you're more likely to get it if you're a smoker...

I guess I'll just have to see how it goes...

fin*

No comments: