Wednesday, September 24, 2008

it seems i have a little bit of low blood pressure
how little (or how much) i don't really know; the doc never said
but some of the symptoms i've been experiencing, hitherto unexplained, now see the light of revelation
eureka!
haha

now i don't think it's very serious, or i'd be dead or something
but finally it seems that i can be unwell with something other than flu
see, i'm not so boring after all!

with low blood pressure, sometimes the blood pressure isn't enough to deliver enough blood to the organs in the body
so the organs don't work too properly
in the bad cases (not mine), the organ can be permanently damaged

like if there isn't enough blood to the brain, i'll feel lightheaded or dizzy
sometimes this happens when i stand up after sitting or lying down
and sometimes it happens in the middle of walking or after standing for very long
(is this usual? i have no idea)
if there isn't enough blood to my heart, then i get the chest pains, or angina

relating to me, i think my low blood pressure is caused by dehydration
'cause i don't drink enough water, apparently
also, i think i also have another form of postural hypotension, where my autonomic nervous system responds wrongly to prolonged standing, and orders my heart to slow and veins to dilate
(i knew i was a bit weird)

so i guess my case isn't too bad
just something wrong with my inherent self

bahh
i'm so weird!

fin*

p.s. does less blood to the brain explain why i'm so lousy at studying?
cos that would help explain a lot! haha

p.p.s. i gave my room a long overdue overhaul
arranging my notes that had gotten mixed up in the course of exams
and re-arranging my room so i can use the dressing table as a study table
and i guess a slight allergy to the dust is what resulted in my little flu
dayum i need to clean up the dust!

No comments: