Wednesday, May 06, 2009

OMGoodness, I totally bombed both the NTU sociology interview and the written test! Who knew it was possible to write so much without actually having anything of worth to say? And the interviewer said to me after the interview: "Wow, that was a quick interview! Your answers were to the point", which I don't know is good or bad, because when I asked if other interviews were usually longer, she simply said that some students talk more. How??!!

A lot more points for me to talk about just bubbled to the surface on my bus ride back to the station. A lot! Like, did you know that Sweden recently became the seventh country in the world to legalise same-sex marriage? Or that I actually have a lot more questions to ask the lecturer than I thought? I actually (initially) told her I didn't have any questions for her, and then thought up some stupid questions on whether the course covered a wide range of topics, even though I'd told her at the beginning that what I liked about sociology was its wide range! I'm such an airhead!

Well, afterwards, after calling up a few people to whine to and hear reassuring words from, I went home to numb my mind with chicken rice, bubble tea, and a few hours of Korean dramas which I'd recorded but hadn't had an opportunity to watch. I'm almost fully recovered, even though I had my depressed "world-is-ending" face on the whole MRT ride home. Gonna go home after this and watch more. (I'm at the library at the moment.)

Seeyaz! fin!

No comments: