Saturday, January 03, 2009

I hereby proclaim that cycling is the best form of exercise ever!!

Swimming may undoubtedly work out your whole body, but your hair gets wet and drowned in chlorine, and everybody at the pool gets a free pass to ogle at your less than perfect body shape (at least, for people like me they do).

Basketball, volleyball and netball may be a fun type of working out, but you need at least 3 other people to play with for there to be any sort of action going on. And you need the space, a net/basket and a ball. Too many props.

Kayaking... well, I'd like to try it again one day, but having no idea on how to rent a kayak, or where to do so, or even how much it'll set me back means that this is really not a practical option for me.

Jogging has always been the bane of my life, and as long as there are any other alternatives through which I may endeavour to keep fit, I would definitely keep far, far away from jogging.

Going to the gym is fine, and cheaper than renting a bike, but the scenery's static, and there's no wind blowing into your face to make you feel good!

Therefore, I conclude again that cycling is the best form of working out ever! Even with the $7/2 hour cost that it incurs.

Of course, one loophole around this $7 is to ride my own bike around nearby parks, but as my bike is currently (and always has been) quite spoilt and un-ride-able, this option is a no-go for me.

Today marks the third time I've cycled at East Coast Park within a week. This time it was with Pat, whilst the last two occasions were with my cousins. I'm sure the shopkeepers there must be sick of spotting a girl in a black Reebok cap and jeans cycling round there and being a hazard to other beach-goers. But it's so be-lardy fun!

Lalala~ "It's undertable..." (Inside joke; you have to have been there to understand)

Pat and I were planning where to go when we've finished working for 5-6 months while the rest (Jere-Mimi, Bong and Eilania; Shauna went home earlier) were pool-ing. So far, we've been returning again and again to the choice of England, just because of Rob Pattinson and the cute guy posse, and the cool flea market vibe of the place. We thought it'd be too expensive, so of course we began considering New Zealand (to see sheep), Paris (omg beautiful), Hawaii (too hot though), Germany and Russia (well, only I considered this for the history factor), Spain and Italy (grand old buildings and possible Volterra filming location for New Moon), Oregon (for New Moon filming), L.A. (because that's where Rob Pattinson lives now. lol!), Turkey (amazing bazaars but scary), etc. etc.

But now I've got good news! The Australian dollar now costs less than the SingDollar (or has it always been that way?) while the Sterling is now only twice the value of the SingDollar, instead of thrice. The cheapest is of course the Rupiah, with one Rupiah being 0.0001 percent of our dollar, but Indonesia's scary... The Euro is also about twice our value, which is normal, so that's also an option.

The whole world's a stage, and Pat and Fina are scouts looking for the best actors to entertain us! What a funny analogy!

The time for me to retreat into slumber has come. Good night all!

fin*

No comments: