Monday, January 05, 2009

The last post was typed out in actual sentences and paragraphs, and it felt so good! I did notice all the typos though, and I suppose that is one drawback that I'll have to live with as long as I'm writing my posts on my brother's laptop.

Today was spent having lunch with Pat again. It was Nasi Ayam Penyet the last time, so today we decided to try the Lucky Prata! ... which unfortunately was not available until 7 p.m. So we had to try the Dum Briyani (which was so dum it forgot the "b" at the end of "dumb"! Okay, that was extremely lame and uncalled for...). It was way nicer than the school's, which isn't that unusual, considering the standard of the Indian food there.

After I'd left Pat to her job, I did some birthday present-shopping at Border's, for my cousin who's coming back from Australia this very second. I thought of buying The Tales of Beedle The Bard by J.K. Rowling, but realised my huge Harry-Potter-fan cousin may have already read it. So instead, I looked for this book called The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, which is quite similar to The Curious Case of Benjamin Button in the sense that the man keeps getting younger. It took two Borders employees half an hour to locate the last of this book left in Borders. The last one! So I was considering myself extremely lucky even though the cover was a little bit spoiled. And now it's all wrapped up and ready to be gifted.

I'm leaving for the airport from my cousin's house in Kembangan soon, even though I'm already late by now.

Till next time,
fin*

p.s. Typing in prose reminds me of being in school and writing essays!

No comments: