Saturday, March 21, 2009

DFS day was fun! We hogged the table at Island Creamery for a long time after the ice-cream had gone down to gastric-juice-land. We should have outings more often!

I'm way super glad to be back at "home", because I've been staying at my grandparents' place since I got back from KK on Wednesday. It gets a bit boring when all day, all that's available to do is watch cable TV. Even though I'm still having to sleep on the floor, at least it's home. No cable tv because the painters are coming today, but at least I have the computer. And - hey! - the kitchen cabinets, sink and stove are in, so that means we'll be able to finally put away some things.

I'm so so so leaning towards the idea of staying at the NTU hostel, maybe even be roomies with Dan! It'll solve the distance problem, and I get to enjoy a little more autonomy. Maybe it'll even motivate me to actually study everyday instead of getting hooked on television, my number one vice.

Speaking of vices... I unfortunately was overruled in wanting to celebrate Jeremy's birthday today with the gang. Oh well. Being old enough in the eyes of the law definitely does not mean old enough in the eyes of the allowance-givers.

I really seem to have nothing to blog about huh? No all-important opinion-touting, or insights, or revelations. I think that's an indication that I'd be in way over my head in Uni. Scary!!!

Highs of the week:

Going to the Mount Kinabalu base camp because the views were breathstealing. I experienced a zen moment while driving round and round on the mountain roads.

DFS! Need I elaborate?

Smoked salmon, edam cheese and crackers for breakfast. Oh. My.

Finally reaching a decision about uni that has me feeling actual excitement, albeit in an atmosphere still charged with reservations and fears about uni life and my ability to cope with it.

My proper use of "albeit"? Would K still have circled the above usage and commented in her just-as-loud-as-her-voice handwritten script? Haha (This was one of the DFS coversation topics)

Being home. Awww...

Liverpool thrashing ManUre 4-1, and Arsenal also beating Blackburn Rovers 4-0. (This technically didn't happen this week, but what the hey?)

Lows: I'm not in the mood to rehash the bad stuff. I'll make like Class 95 fm and think of "only the good stuff".

Seeyaz!

fin*

No comments: