Sunday, March 15, 2009

In about 4 hours I will be leaving for Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Of all places, why KK? Because plane tickets were cheap in December, that's why!

Somehow, me and university open houses don't mesh well. The SMU one left me confused, and I didn't attend any talks as a result. Pat and I sat through only half the FASS talk because the other half wasn't relevant (and we were hungry). And we somehow managed to miss the Soc Sci talk at NTU. Plus we walked around aimlessly lost because we're clueless weird people, on a hot stuffy Singapore afternoon. So ankles hurt. I should have just skipped open houses. Blearggh.

Anyways, life AM (after move) really sucks because nothing is completely the way it should be. Guess what happened among all the silly misadventures that I went through (with Pat, for the most part) today?

I managed somehow to flood the kitchen. FLOOD THE KITCHEN! Only in story books does that kind of thing happen. And somehow I, Syarafina, who really is weird on the inside, managed to accomplish such a feat. In brief, the washing machine hose wasn't connected to its pipe because it's not done yet (surprise), and since it was just hanging there in the kitchen, the washing machine expulsed all its water out of that hose and onto the kitchen floor, hence the flood. And I have to mention this, the floor was covered in cardboard sheets to protect the tiles while renovations are going on, so everything, needless to say, got soggy and useless.

Thank goodness my dad stepped in and somehow managed to get everything into order.

Oh yeah, I got my first and I hope only scolding by the K-ster yesterday, because I wrongly thought that mistakes in our testimonials were to be reported BY the thirteenth, not BEFORE the thirteenth. And I just discovered another mistake in my CCA testimonial after I got the scolding and she's done the ammendment. Obviously I will not report it. I don't have a death wish.

Alright. Good night ya'll!

fin*

No comments: