Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bling (Confessions of a King)

Aigoo... After all my hard work the night before, I realised that I missed out Daesung's name from the jigsaw of Keobuki Islanders up there. FYI he's the one in between the robot's legs (not on purpose, of course). So I will have to add it, then re-upload the picture, then replace it in the code.

I was suddenly hit with a very strong craving for something this afternoon. And no, it had nothing to do with me fasting and being hungry. Because it was a craving for something I've never tasted before, something called ddeokbokki, a Korean dish. It's basically rice cakes in chilli stew, or something similar to that. It looks so good in pictures! And I really like starchy food and spicy food. A good match, wouldn't you think? Yup, I think so too.

Plus, in an episode of Idol Army, it's the dish Wooyoung (or Woodong, as he's been christened) of 2PM begged two girls to buy for him. 2PM were fairly new then, so they didn't recognise him. Then he begged the ahjumma (old aunty) to give one to him. He stamped his feet and pleaded, and suggested he advertise for her. So he sang a song about ddeokbokki to passers-by. It was so cute! "DDeokbokki, ddeokbokki~" And he got one for free. Hard work for one piece of ddeokbokki. That passion for ddeokbokki was so... touching. Actually, he was only trying to complete a task set by the producers. But ddeokbokki still sounds good.

Now I want one too! Out of all the halal Korean eateries in Singapore, not one sells ddeokbokki, to my knowledge, even after extensive googling. So I want to make some of my own. Mission for this week: get some ddeokbokki!

Next week's my hall camp, to which I don't know if I should look forward. It's six days long, and I want to completely slack at home before school begins! Bahhh-. Can't believe I'll be staying at a hostel. Won't be able to see anyone from my family for 5/6 days every week, and I'll have to go all the way back home every weekend. Troublesome, really. I'll totally miss my room, and KBS World. We'll see how it goes after 2 months. Maybe I'll be able to take travelling back and forth every day.

For now, it's 2:20 in the morning (time for some music by 2AM! lol) and I have to go iron some clothes. Good night to you, good day to me.

fina

Ddeokbokki, ddeokbokki~

No comments: