Monday, January 04, 2010

Blast off, in 5, 4, 3, 2...

I can't believe how lazy I've been these days with updating the blog. Too lazy. I can't sit still in front of a computer enough to upload pictures and write down stories. So today I'll write only till I've had enough, then I'll leave it till next time (as always. Me, the great procrastinator. Remember my promise to update on Sri Lanka? Yup, nearly six months ago.)

Okay, so here's a run-through of what's happened since the holidays began (just in case I don't get around to posting pictures):
(Disclaimer: may not be in chronological order since even I have forgotten when what happened)

1st December
1. End of exams = free at last muahahaha!

1st December
2. Went to the Twilight&New Moon screening with Pat, Diyanah, Sabrina and Nadhirah. Second movie's so much better than the first, even if it was a little cliched. But that's exactly what the whol Twilight saga is, isn't it? Cliched? But that's why we love it! To laugh at the dialogue and acting in the first movie, and then to swoon over Jacob Black (or at least just his body) in the second.

4th December or so
3. Science Centre with MARX! Aishah, Mel, Pat and I signed autographs in the guest book, since we know our fans the E.T.s will want to see them, and collected stamps on our arms (okay, only I did that). And then wandering around Daiso where everything is fabulous and the evilness that reigns in Aishah kept trying to persuade me to buy cool-yet-useless contraptions I will never use.

4th - 7th December
4. Stayed at grandma's place, as blogged before. Probably gained another 5kg from that stay.

12th December
5. 19th year of being alive... we're so old... had PMS, so I embarrassingly had a crying melt-down at Secret Recipe where we had (a non-celebratory) dinner. But cake was good. Mmmm.

6. Scrabble... stayed in hostel for 8 days, spread over 2 weeks. Training till 12 am. My cousins Sabrina and Diyanah, and my dear sister stayed with me for two nights, so after I came back from training we'd cook rice or instant noodles or something, and stayed up till 5 watching movies on Thomas. Hall 9 eventually won the gold for IHRG, but I didn't play a single game, so it was a purely IC-related medal.

18th December
7. Lego-receiving ceremony! With Pat, Dan and Sam! And then Pat and I went back to hostel to play Lego, and tidy up my thing for the big moving day. To those who know what I'm talking about, I felt so bombed by the next morning, and I had to continue through the next day on only two hours of sleep. Dang tired, but had a hella roaring good time too. Eventually slept at 2AM, which equates new record of staying awake and kicking while suffering from extreme fatigue.

19th - 20th December
8. My Aussie cousins flew here on the 17th, like omgyayness. They (Amalina and Siti) stayed over at my place for two nights. I'm not sure what we did... watch a movie? AVATAR! Fabulous, magnificent, spectacular movie. They helped me move some things left over from hostel (farewell, Hall 9), watched more movies - because really, what else is life about? - and ate out.

21st - 25th December
9. Trip to Langkawi with the Aussiefam, and two other cousins from two different families. The two hotels we stayed in weren't the best, but you can't really expect much from a late booking. But, golly, the fun we had! We did so many things, which probably cost a small fortune, but we hardly shopped at all, so equilibrium achieved. I definitely will post pictures soon! BTW, Merry Christmas!

26th December
10. Finally had the 19th Birthday celebration/ memorial service at the Carousel, at the Royal Plaza hotel on Scotts. It was still Christmas season, so there was a magician and a juggler doing their rounds at the tables. Super cool. I ate until I was so full, that I could hardly breathe, so I took a walk to the Adidas store nearby to scout out my potential birthday presents, i.e. shoes. I can't wait to buy shoes!

27th - 29th December
11. Stayed at cousin Diyanah's place this time, with Amalina, Siti, and my sister. We watched Sherlock Holmes on the 28th, and played games and watched movies for the rest of the stay.

30th December
12. Cycling with Pat! Nearly 2 straight hours of cycling, which resulted in two very tired TEENagers (yes, we're still teens at least), and a blistered and sore butt (mine, obviously). We could barely walk properly. Lunch at Pastamania, rest at the library, and home for more rest.

31st December
13. Wild Wild Wet was soooo fun and tiring. I thought the Langkawi tripped tanned me, but this outing nearly burnt me alive! I used three layers of sunscreen on my face, one of SPF130 and two of SPF 50, and still I got ravaged by the sun. By the end of the day my skin was sore and feeling kinda tight, and my cheeks were burning red (really, seriously, red) from the sunburn. Not to mention I grew infinitely more brown. So I looked like a dark chocolate Fina who'd put on too much red blush. Diyanah, Sabrina, Amalina, Siti, my sister and I then met two older cousins, Kak Mas and Kak Hajar, at the Tampines SAFRA to play board games at the Minds Cafe. We were probably the noisiest bunch there, with lots of screaming and uncontrollable laughter. Screaming, due to the nature of the games, and laughter, well, because we were having a ball of a time.

2nd January
14. Amalina, Siti and family flew back to Aussie. I was kinda sick of their faces by then (HAHAHA) so it wasn't really an emotional goodbye. But they won't be returning here this year, since they've flown here thrice already in 2009. But if all goes to plan, and I get to go Melbourne again in July, then I'll see them again. Hopes up!

And today's the 4th of January, already into the 2010 year. How fast does time fly? I hope fast enough, because there's still 7 semesters left of NTU. Woe... Had dessert at Swensen's last night, because I'd been craving ice-cream since forever. And my first driving lesson of the year. And there's cycling tomorrow! Gym on Wednesday with my cousin, and swimming again on Thursday! I'm already too dark for my foundations and concealer, I may as well go all the way. Anyone else wanna go swimming?

One downer recently though, was the sold-out tickets to The Killers concert in Singapore on the 24th. :''( They're seriously like my most favourite band ever, and I won't get to see them in concert. Kinda found out about their concert too late... sighs.

Will update about the Langkawi trip with pictures soon... I swear! along with Sri Lanka pics!

fina

No comments: