Tuesday, March 02, 2010

I had the midterm re-test this morning. Two essays, instead of the usual 20-question MCQ and essay. Whatever. I'm gonna fail anyway, because I didn't spend the whole of Sunday (or any other day) studying.

Instead, I spent the whole of Sunday (and everyone else found this funny. I don't?) making a youtube playlist of opera songs! Yep, I spent my studying day learning the different types of sopranos there are, and listening to their singing. It's really heck-a interesting! And all this was borne out of my admiration for Kristin Chenoweth, who's appeared in Glee, RV, Bewitched and etc, and who is, herself, a coloratura soprano. And now I have a playlist of operatic songs.

But the funniest bit (which even I have to admit is a little funny) is that my playlist is called "Getting me some culture". Okay, not so funny to non-sociology students. But it's a phrase by Prof Patrick which I remember the most, and since I was to take his paper this morning, it just suddenly popped into my head that I needed to get me some culture, and not study. If you happen to chance upon it on youtube, listen to the Bell Song - really a showcase for sopranos who have really high, agile voices. I'm serious!


*Sigh* I've gotten even madder this year, as in more crazy, and it worries me, because I (and everyone else around me) don't see myself as normal anymore. I'm irreversibly weird! =(

No comments: